Sunday, February 26, 2012

Buddhism and God


I had some concerns about where God fit in the Buddhist religion/philosophy.  I was pleased to learn recently that He is part of Buddhism.  He is the Higher Power.  "Don't worry - just try.  Trying is better than a Zen Master, better than Buddha, better than God."  - Zen Master Seung Sahn.

I don't believe anything or anyone can be better than God, human or otherwise.  I am, however, encouraged that this Zen Master understands the presence of God and puts God above the Buddha.

I am slowly trying to incorporate my new found knowledge and wisdom in my every day life. That is the idea.  Make it a way of life.  Every day, life is what we make it.  We can choose to make life the master of us or wise up and be the master of our lives.  I want to be the master of my life and do it with integrity, serenity, humility and compassion.

One day at a time.  I'll be going to meditation on Wednesday night.  Retreat in mid-March.  I'm pretty sure I am about to join the temple.  Lots of good benefits for short money.  It also makes me a member of the Kwan Um School of Zen. 

Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment